Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 5: Paragraphing

1. Review of Thesis Statements:
2. Read/annotate "Paragraphing" and "Transitions" on pages 17-20 of the packet.
3. Read/Discuss: The professor's development of a claim and of a thesis on pages 21-22 of the packet.
4. On your own: If necessary, revise your thesis and outline for "I Know the Truth, so Don't Bother me with Facts." For those who turned in your outlines as I requested, here is my assesment


Outline OK
Outline needs more work
Thalia
Psychro
Rockbaby
Tenzin
ladylone
Pedro
Angel G.
Purplemay
Sumarain1114
Vick
Yamnllex
Dzhang
DIFER
Angel F.
Blanca
Do ReMi No
Michael H.
Conwayne
Maria P.
Jamshed
Jesus

5. Then, open Blog 3, and
  • revise the summary so that it works as an Opening Paragraph
  • begin writing Body Paragraphs for "I Know the Truth, so Don't Bother me with Facts." You should have minimum two, hopefully three paragraphs.
By the time you are done, Blog 3 should be a response "I Know the Truth, so Don't Bother me with Facts" that
  • summarizes the reading
  • selects ONE  Significant Idea in the reading to respond to
  • responds to the Significant Idea using a claim OR a thesis
  • develops the claim or thesis with at least two Reasons
  • develops each Reason with at least one example per reason
  • is at least 400 words long
 Still unsure of how body paragraphs work? Check CAT-W Tutorials 6 to 8 HERE