Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day Ten: Unraveling the CAT-W

NOTE: Any items that we  do not get to cover during class become lab for the 2:15 class and homework for the 5:45 class.

A. Understanding how your responses are scored (page 19 of the packet).
  • Examples for category 4 and 5 errors HERE.

B. Returning CAT Practice 2: "I Know the Truth So Don't Bother me with Facts."
  1. Check the rubric on Blackboard to see my feedback and your scores.    
  2. If my feedback includes something like "3 going on 4," that means that this category is borderline; probably one reader would have given you a score of 3 and another reader would have given you a score of 4. 
  3. Calculate your total score by adding the five scores. For borderline categories, do not round up or down! Do not forget to double the score for categories 1-3.
Example: 2 (3+4) + 2(4+4) + 2(3+2) + 3+ 4 + 4+ 4= 55.  
C. Reading/annotating: "I Know the Truth So Don't Bother me with Facts."

D. Figuring out your plan to revise your response to "I Know the Truth So Don't Bother me with Facts." Write your plan on THIS FORM.

E. Revising your response to "I Know the Truth So Don't Bother me with Facts." This response must be typed and printed and is due Tuesday, October 21. It will be Portfolio Piece # 7.


Next Class: CAT-W 3

Ongoing:  Watch The Matrix and complete The Matrix Quiz at the top of my blog.