Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 12: Preparing the Midterm Portfolio

We will attempt to complete all work during class. If there are any items left, you must complete them at least 24 hours before you meet with me.

A. Formatting Piece #9 properly using an example of an essay HERE.
B. Returning CAT-W #3 (Portfolio Piece #8). Calculate your score using the rubric on Blackboard.
C. Assembling Pieces 1-9 of the Print Portfolio. Unsure of what these are? Check the schedule HERE.
D. Reviewing your online work. Check this list here:
  1. Comment/Question for “Hype” Form
  2. Revising “Hype” Form
  3. Identifying a Summary Form
  4. Identifying a Thesis Form
  5.  “The Allegory of the Cave and You” Form
  6. Close reading of responses to “Hang It Up” Form  (I know, I forgot to add a category for pseudonym--so sue me)
  7. “Truman and You” Form
  8. Revising one aspect of “I Know the Truth” Form
E. Writing the Midterm Portfolio Reflection. Questions HERE.
F. Uploading the reflection to Blackboard. This will be Print Portfolio Piece #10.

Deadline: Those of you who meet with me on Thursday must have the reflection on Blackboard by Wednesday at 12:00 noon; Those of you who meet with me on Tuesday must have the reflection on Blackboard by Sunday at 12 noon.



What to bring to the meeting: Your Print Pieces 1-10.